Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


26 December 2008

My Christmas Eve & Day...





Hey, one & all

I spent my christmas eve evening in the company of my friends, I had a great time seeing everyone in my group of friends! There was food, laughter, games, talk of old times and memories, presents and I loved it! I arrived back at home at 2am! An hour after my parents & brother got home so I was the last one home so they called me a dirty stop out! haha
We all spent an hour chatting about random things before finally going to bed at 3am!I love times like that, when we just all sit there talking about odd and random things, never mind if we are drunk or sober, we were just having a good time chatting without the TV on & talking about nothing and anything!
It's safe to say I didn't sleep much! I was too excited about the day ahead and the memories of a great night I just had!
Christmas day started for me at 10am, we went to open our presents and see what we all got!
I was pretty much happy with what I had got!
We went to the local pub at 12 for our traditional christmas drink and stayed til the pub closed at 3pm.

The family came home to crackers and Christmas Dinner and just about the whole family is knackered and asleep so I settled in to classic Christmas TV and chocolates!

So Christmas Eve and Day has totally wiped me out now!

So Glad I can relax for Boxing Day & have a long lie in!!

Hope everyone's Christmas has been as good as mine!

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

looks like tons of fun!
Have a great Boxing day!
hugs Laura

Danielle said...

so glad your xmas was great!!! mine was good too i posted a new blog.

smile*

Danielle

ps- Im glad your doing good! Remember always stay positive! I am trying also.

David said...

So glad you had a wonderful night and day! 2 am!!! my my it must have been a blast.