Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


2 December 2008

In Pain...

My PEG area has been extremely sore these last few days so it hurts my stomach area whenever I move so I've been having some painkiller medicene for it. It's unavoidable, having pain in your PEG which is kinda rubbish but I know how to handle the ways of pain of my PEG. My nursey carer of me who goes by the name of mum, put on some cream and a cotton wool dressing between my PEG & stomach to stop it irritating and stop it rubbing against the stomach. It's never got as bad as the first time it happened though because that was such terrible pain!
Another source of pain is a giant spot on my head which has been bothering me for the last 2 days! I've been splashing my dad's aftershave on it to get rid of it by christmas! hehe Hopefully it will be gone in a few days! It's the least of my worries! :0)
Gona have some fun decorating the house with christmassy stuff now!!

No comments: