Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


23 December 2008

My awareness & The Mighty Boosh...

Today reminded me something about myself that all of my family notice which is my awareness! I have none!!!! ha! I can be in a world of my own when I'm out & about... My mum always has to stop me at roads sometimes as I'm not entirely aware of where I'm going!! If I;m on my own, I'm more aware of the world around me and am careful on the roads! I listen very carefully in the distance if there's any cars coming down the road because I can usually hear them before I see them.
Also I was in shops, and my family always had to tell me to move to let people past!Not because I'm being ignorant, but as I can't really see out of the side of my eyes because of the mitochondrial condition, i can't really move my eyes that well... so I only see what's in front of me rather than what's around me! ike today, sometimes I get friends texting me saying they saw me in town and maybe even waved at me but I never saw them!! So I feel bad that I never saw them and said hi to them!! & I have to text them later and apoligize to that friend!!




I am such a fan of The Mighty Boosh starring Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt! I just can't decide which episode or character I love because it's ALL fantastic!!! I love their "crimping" songs!

If you're not familliar with The Mighty Boosh or "Crimping" songs, here is an example








Lyrics to the crimping song:

Bouncy Bouncy
Oh such a good time
Bouncy Bouncy
Shoes all in a line
Bouncy Bouncy
Everybody
summersault,
summersault
Summertime
Everybody sing along
Bouncy Bouncy
oh such a good time
Bouncy Bouncy
White socks slipping down
Bouncy Bouncy
Stilettos are a no no
Bouncy Bouncy oh
Bouncy Bouncy oh
Everytime i bounce I feel I could touch the skyeeeee


I have to say that Vince (Noel Fielding) & Tony Harrision (Noel Feilding) are my fave characters! They are just sooooooooo funny!

Tony Harrison



Julian Barratt & Noel Fielding
I hope I'll maybe able to go see one of the Live Mighty Boosh show one day!!

No comments: