Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


11 December 2008

Everything is underway...

Right, I've got 9 things checked off my "do to list for christmas!" I'm really looking forawrd to this weekend to get my haircut and see my nana and family up in Middlesbro'! Love seeing my nana, she's so funny at times! I wish she lived closer so I could see her more!
I've got my new clothes for the weekend and for Christmas Eve and Day! I tried them on tonight to make sure they suited me and fitted etc... Also, after a fustrating few days, my stiffness of my body is getting better so that's something! So I''m feeling gooood about the upcoming christmas now!!
I'm sure i'll have some pictures on soon!

For now, here is a quiz...

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Hot Chocolate... Gotta be hot choc! It's delish! Warms you up!

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Well the Elves wrap the pressies and Santa delivers them! haha

Colored lights on tree or white? We have a fibre optic tree that automatically changes colours! It looks magical! We have white lights on our window and blue & multicoloured lights on the trees outside our house! It looks very christmassy!

When do you put your decorations up? HMM... we put ours up as soon as it was Dec 1st!!

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Gotta be the chicken that mum cooks every year for christmas day!

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When we had our annual christmas eve party! Our families and friends would come and there would be food spread on the table to eat! Sadly, we don't have those parties anymore as people have moved on... divorced or moved away which is a shame because i always loved them!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I just found out myself really as I grew up and learnt the truth! That doesn't mean it spoils the magic of christmas!! :0)

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I'm not going to lie... my parents always let me and brother open one present on christmas eve! I don't do that now though, I wait til christmas Day!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well, we don't have to as it's a fibre optic tree but we do put some silver ornaments on it!

Snow! Love it or Dread it?I LOVE IT of course! I love to watch it snow! But I don't like to go out in it!! haha

Can you ice skate? The only time I ice skated was when i was a kid and I went to Wales! I had fun but then I fell and cut my knee open! I still have the scar!!!

Do you remember your favorite gift?Er... I think it was the laptop last year! That was the best prezzie ever!

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? For me, it's seeing my nana and family & my mates! It's one of those rare times me and all the group of mates will get together and catch up!

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert ? Gotta be Trifle! We always have it after our christmas day dinner!

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? Erm, I like em both really! hehe

What is your favorite Christmas Song? Either Wham - Last Christmas or Band Aid - Feed the world

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?Erm, not really tried one as they are too hard on my teeth!!

Ever recycled a Christmas present?My parents probably have done it for me!

No comments: