The Christingle consists of:
- The orange is round like the world
- The candle stands tall and straight and gives light in the dark like the love of God.
- The red ribbon goes all around the 'world' and is a symbol of the blood Jesus shed when he died for us.
- The four sticks point in all directions and symbolise North, South, East and West - they also represent the four seasons.
- The fruit and nuts (or sometimes sweets!) represent the fruits of the earth, nurtured by the sunshine and the rain.
The school is church of England so they have services and do hymns in the morning when they have an assembly. The only thing I dont miss about Christingle is that we had to walk up a loonnnnnng uphill path up to the church in the freezing cold carriyng our oranges! I like the fact that they are still tradtional and is a christian junior school!
I don't go back til after January now! Really looking forward to Christmas Eve now to see my mates! It's going to be great seeingthem again as I have'nt seen some of them for months although we are all best friends and speak online! We all have our own things going on so Christmas is always good for an annual group meet as we are all back in our home town!
Hope you all have a good Christmas too!! it's not long now!! x