Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


27 August 2008

Little Fat me...

I’m worried about my dietician appointment tomorrow because what with all the bad days I’ve been having, I fear I’ve let my routine go and lost some weight. I’m trying my best to stay above 8stone but I think it’s gone down. I’ve not weighed myself for a few weeks because I can’t trust our weighing scales as they gave a different reading each time and I didn’t know which one was right!

I worked hard to put all my weight on since I came out of hospital last year and I have put on an amazing 2 stone from 6st to 8st and looking more healthier which I’m pleased about. I don’t really want to lose that look because I love my body how it is now and I would hate for my skinniness to come back. Everyone that I have spoken to has told me how good I look now and I don’t want to disappoint them by dropping some weight as well as myself.
Although I know my weight won’t drop if I keep on eating small portions often and I have the PEG on bad days when I haven’t had a lot to eat but I worry that I might not come off the PEG unless my dietician is happy for me to do so.

I worry about a lot of things and want things to be good again so I can be happy and relaxed just as I was before my OCD took over and its one less thing to worry about if everything is fine tomorrow. Just gotta keep fattening myself up! Ha

No comments: