Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


10 January 2009

A Lot Like Love...

"It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."--Jaka
Love is like a river, never ending as it flows, but gets greater with time.

Life gets very alone for me at imes. Do you ever feel lonely even when you’re in the company of others? I do sometimes, I feel I want to meet people or that one person who clicks in my jigsaw puzzle of life and makes me feel worthful and never lonley because I know I have someone around.

I wish to have all those llttle cute guestures in life, little kisses and cuddles from a special someone.. Something ive not had in my life before. I’ve always been single, yes, not even a little spot of kissing! At school, I stuck to my work and my friends like the geek I was! I love that I had a great time at school and got the grades I wanted. Although I had more time on my hands during college, still nothing happened romanticly, had great fun with friends though!
I imagine being in love with someone must be magical but it’s the finding someone that’s hard!

Ive never had the pleasure of having a boyfriend so it’s not surprising I want to experience that. Everytime I like a guy, theres always obstacles in the way such as distance or work or they just plainly don’t like me the same way…

I can be a right flirt when I find the right person but somehow action wise, nothing happens such as first kiss. Sometimes it can be all talk and no action! Well, I want the action! I want everything thing love could possible bring! Cute,shy kisses, holding hands, talking and everyhing and anything til the wee early hours but also sharing dreams and what you both want from the future, lying on the grass cloud watching or even star gazing…

Being in hosptial following a life changing experince can make you want more from life and want to experience everything because life is short and anything could happen. My parents reminded me tonight how close to death I was (yes again!) , and that I had to be shocked alive again (as they always do during watching hospital programmes saying “you had that done ha””! ) I’m not saying I want to find someone and get marrried! I’m too young for that yet, I just want to find a lovley guy to be with and see what happens! I’ll certainly be dreading Valentine’s day when it comes next month if I’m on my own once again…

People often tell me it will come and im sure it wil, til then I will continue with my pottering around in life. It gets fustrating thoughs seeing couples and my heart melts because I’ve never had it happen to me. People who have a partner should consider themselves very lucky indeed.

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

when I stopped looking and actually swore I would never have anything to do with another man..i met my husband LOL I was 19 at the time... I dont envy you the dating games and trying to meet the ONE it is hard and it is lonely... and yes even now i can be in a huge croud and feel lonely... Hugs to you and the ONE is out there lol like you have not been told that before.

David said...

You will find it when you are not expecting it. It will happen and you deserve it.
Stay positive.
Be you and love will find you.

David

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Ah love. ♥ I hope you find everything you are seeking in all aspects of your life, Laura.

Jennifer :-)

Anonymous said...

I can tell you will find your dream boy very soon for sure. your story is almost always same like me.And my spirit also keeps telling me that one day I will get in true relationship. My life going to be change in all emotional feeling. Sometimes I worried weather I can do that or not. So for time being I m enjoying my single life. good luck.