Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


14 November 2008

urgh... skips....

Oh god... I have got to stop eating the crisps Skips!!! I am SO addicted to them! If i eat one, I have to eat another packet and so on... I love them because they just melt on your tounge ahh...I have never felt so big in all my life! haha
My parents keep buying me skips and mini battenburg cakes and things like that what with to put weight on etc... I may need to statt doing some excercise oh dear... Its all going on the belly now! haha I will now eat more healthy snacking on fruits rather than crisps and cakes...

5 comments:

David said...

Send some to Canada so we can try them. Or maybe not if they are as good as you say. I have no discipline

Laura ~Peach~ said...

took some doing but I finally got my computer to cooperate and get to your blog! Love the video you have made of you its fantastic! Skips look way too good LOL...When I looked at your profile I had to giggle I should have known you are a LEO too... my b day is the 6th of Aug. when is yours?
Well Just wanted to say hi and let you know I finally got here!
NOW I can follow your too :)
Hugs Laura

Katie-Louise's blog said...

Ooooooo Skips, now you are making me hungry :-P

I love them, love it when they melt on ur tongue :P

I think i'm gonna nip over to the shop and get some now, lol

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's so wonderful meet new people on here! I hope you are having a wonderful day today and I look forward to get to know you. You seem to have a really cool life and I grateful that you are doing awesome. :)

Julie Kibler said...

I discovered a weakness for baked goods from Marks and Spencer while I was in your country! That may make you laugh considering it's just a grocery shop, but I seriously didn't have anything bad from that place. Their little fondant cakes, their scones, their muffins ... even their marshmallows! Yum. And cheap! (To me, anyway, compared to the rest of the tourist fare.)