Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


25 April 2012

new newspaper aricle

Mum bought the local paper today and what was in there but a full page spread of me! i was only expecting a little corner feature on one page not a 2 page spread but the articel is infomative and shows mito awareness and cochlear implant awareness two in one go! ha but the pic is good too wasnt expecting mum to be in either coz she was worried about her mkake up or lack of it but i think she looks great lol here is the link of the article holy crap was just expecting a one corner page feature nota 2 page spread lol

http://www.examiner.co.uk/leisure-and-entertainment/health-and-family-news/2012/04/25/family-and-health-lockwood-woman-s-fight-against-rare-cell-disease-86081-30831939/2/

il have to send a few copies to my nana and family in middlesbrough coz they dont get the axaminer  or neither most of them arent on facebook or twitter either

but i like how the reporter has resrached mitochondiral disease and has done her homeowrk!

heres to mito and cochlear implant awareness!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your article in the paper and as a fellow young sufferer of a chronic illness I just wanted to say GOOD ON YOU! Rachel

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

thank you rachel xx