Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


5 April 2012

excercising my nails

Today i woke up rather early at 8am felling rather bloaty so took off my feed ans flushed it with water.  i went downstairs to watch telly with mum before getting ready for the exercise class.
Victoria came to pick me up at 1pm  to take me to exercise class where i did various exercises sitting down and standing up and we used like a stretchy kinda strip which you stretch to  make your muscles stronger. 
It doesnt half tire me out though doing the simple exercises. it may be easy for a normal person but for a person with mitochondria disease even putting clothes on can be an effort!!
i had a go on the mini trampoline too following the instructor. Victoria joined  in with me and kept me going!



After getting changed me and victoia went to costa cafe which as just a short walk away and i had a cup of tea and a gingerbread man  then went home to do our nails

No comments: