Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


1 March 2012

water retension?

I had a good afternoon with my friend Victoria and she painted my nails greeny colour. Now that the sun is coming out a bit for spring we might go out for the run in the car sometime and enjoy the sunshine. Victoria is my friend who gets paid by the council to spend an afternoon with me doing whatever really and gives my mum a break to go into town or something. Shes closer to my age so its good to spend time with someone that age and we have a laugh.
After victoria had gone the occupational lady came to discuss exercises and whats going on with physio. I have an appointment to go to the local football stadium to see a personal trainer and do some exercise and strengthen my arms etc...
She was worried about my ankles which have been swolen for a week so will go to the GP tomorrow and see if its water retentsion or something else. I told the occupational nurse that i fell over in Blackpool coming down some steps after going down so many my legs just gave way! and i twisted my ankle i dont know if its connected but the left one is worse which is the one i twisted! so will see what gp says about it.

No comments: