Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


6 March 2012

Light exercise...

I went to my GP with water rentension on my ankles and she showed me some exercise to do which is when you cross your legs cirlulate your foot to move it. My ankle seems less puffy but i still have to continue exercise.
My  mum bought me an exercise bike off ebay on saturday so i do 5-10 mins on that a day
I am also getting taken by Victoria my friend to the football stadium which has a gym too and get a personal trainer to help me with light exercise because light exercie can help the muscles keep going beacuae when im sat down all day i stiffen up and need to walk about to  shake it off. My feet get quite numb too depsite walking about but i cant do anything about thatthat even rubbing them hurts like hell.
but we will see how the exercise goes! i get out of breath quite quickly which doesnt help!
I was never much good at PE at school but i got an easy ride beccause my best friend was disabled and we just played table tennis or bowls!
Spring is coming now i can see baby daffodails and birds coming to our new bird feeder! will have to get my binolculars out and see if i can see  a robin becaue we usually get them round our parts and we also get the odd squirrel and pheasant!

No comments: