Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


5 March 2012

Cyber bullies...

The internet is a big place and its easy to say things you cant say in person because they are hiding behind their computer screen.
I for one have had cyber bullies in the past and most recently on facebook; They think they can get to you by saying nasty comments but i have a secret weapon! The block and delete button!! If only you u could do that in person haha.
Cyber bullies are cowards who have nothing better to do with their time than hurt other people. Its easy to say something that would upset you such as "you're anorexic" or "what the hell is wrong with your eyes" if they knew the story behind it they wouldnt be so nasty about it.
I  am a big support to my friends on facebook and in person and im not going to stop living my life how i want it because of one comment when the positives outshine the negatives.
I live my life how i want it and i have a laugh about my mitochondria conditon because if we didnt we would cry and be depressed. My friends who know me well know im not that sort of person and im  a positive person who wants something good to come out of a bad situation. I dont judge a book by its cover because you dont know the story behind it. The cyber bullies could  say "you're fat" how do they know they are trying so hard to lose weight??
So the moral of this story is cyber bullies THINK before you write a comment! You never know who your hurting with your words.
I will keep on fighiting them and i will come out on top

No comments: