Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


2 June 2012

RIP uncle dave

We travelled to retford to give my uncle dave a good send off!! it is so sad that he had to pass away with dignity when he was just 62 4days after his birthday..
he had liver cancer he was diagnosed only a few weeks ago and he was told there was nothing they could do so he was to get his affairs in order.
We saw him a week before he passed away he was sat up in bed watching the moter racing on his tv bless him he was the cheerful chappy he always was and was laughing and joking

its sd that he caught a chest infection n his lungs were full of fluid but they thought it wasnt worth draining since he was so close to death :( they could only make him comffortable and he passed away last sunday we went to his funeral at his local church in retford where his daughter and step son gave a lovley speech about him it was so heartbreaking for them and for all who knew the family
u will never be forgoten DAVE RIP

At the wake at the Reindeer pub i was so exhuasted and tired at the prospect of getting up early and not having enough sleep that i tripped over a TINY step yep i did in front of everyone!!! but who cares they all knew me from a baby etc so they know exactly what ive been through which is a comfort i guess! Got a huge bump on my knee now! lol

Also had trouble getting in the taxi coz they had a huge step up but instead of going forward and ppl hurting my arm giveing me chinese burns!! i decided to go in backwards
and lift myself up on the seat which was easier :) thank god for family friends eh haha

We went to the hotel pub for a while after the wake and we didnt get to bed til about half 11 by then my parents and brother were drunk as stunks lol and mum almost fell in a bush coz she was all over the place! think i was the only sober one there to be honest lmao but someones gotta make sure they get to bed!!

Awoken at 12 pm still tired couldnt sleep in the car so played bejewlled on my brothers ipad while he was alseep throught the journey nursing a hang over when weill he ever learn? haha

anyway i was just glad to get home and get my pjs on and have a night in front of saturday night tv!! hopefully il be less tired tomrw

No comments: