Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


3 June 2012

hot weather..... scorcher....

wow what hot weather we having at the moment 10 yrs ago i would have been great with the heat coz i was skinny n loved the warmth now ive put on weight im a bit wiped out and sweaty from just stiting in the sun for half an hour!!!
When i was 5st that was nowt i could spend 2 hrs in the sun n not break a sweat!  now im a 10 st healthy weight and should be this weight the heat seems to get to me more i over heat and sweat like mad so i have to keep drinking n putting protection n wearing airy clothes to keep cool!

Michelle my new carer came at 11am we went around brighouse trying to find the craft shop ive been to in the past for about an hr then we gave up n went back to town for some shopping

i bought some toggles for my bags im gonn amake from my knitted quares but mum thinks i should make a blanket out of them and give it to charity waht do u think??

do i do a blanket which is what i orginally planned or do i do bags lots of them out of the squares ive got! lol  who knows although the last one i did last quite a whitle did it got tatty n holes in it  n we had to throw it away!

No comments: