Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


9 June 2012

newcastle op update..

hello all here is my update for u from newcastle!! we went on a few days up north first before the hospital we first went to south sheilds for a bit of beach holiday sea air!!  my dad won a mario teddy on the grabbers! lol

we had a walk around the beach area and the fairground but it was very chilly wind and little sun shining trhough clouds we were lucky for it not to rain! The sea air certainly did us good as we were out for the count!

We then went on to south shields on Thurs which was a bit sunnier we went for a walk around the beach in some amusments etc as u do! mum won  £5 on naughts and crosses! ha !

It was a bit chilly so we decided to go in a pub where it was cosy n warm and watch the French open tennis! nadal was playing he always wins urgh pretty boy lol

We got back to our premier inn just outside witley bay and I discovered a candy floss maker!!!!!! i was in heaven!! all u can eat and candy floss for a £1!!!
haha

it was a fun days away exploring these holiday towns witly bay n south sheilds then we had to get to new newcastle to get down to business!! We got up at 8 am yawwwwwn then we made it to hospital for 9 am and i was in theatre by 10am!

In theatre afte sticking a few locals in my brow he managed to get he stitch that was causing my cysts! so i have no need for another operation to reput the brow suspension in!! yippee!
he then put 6 dissolvable stitches n and stuck a tight firm patch on me as u can see from the photos! he said it was all fine and we were to come back in 6 weeks for a check up! In and out in the space of an hr which is pretty good for Newcastle! The nurse plonked me on a seat to recover and gave me a cup of tea which was bliss coz i hadnt had a lot to eat apart from a sip of tea and some wheat bix as we were in a rush to get to RVI!Anyway thats all done and dusted for another 6 weeks! and glad that ugly zit of a cyst has gone! il have a nifty tiny scar hehe!
We had enough time to get our meds and get the hell outa there by 12pm so we popped in on my nana which is where we saw lil baby evie :D i got evie cuddles i wanted to take her homee! ha

No comments: