Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


16 June 2012

dating with a disability...

WHY is it so hard for  a girl of 26 nearly 27 still single because guys ant be aresed to go out with u if u have a disability?? its not like im mute or thick!?1 im quite smart and like most things like films n going out !! IM A NORMAL GIRL! whos just living her life to the full but it would be nie to have someone to share it with u know...? its so hard because over the last 27 yrs ive had ONE serious bf who was all the way from bournemouth so that was doomed from the start!! i shoulda known it wouldnt last really long distance rarely dont i know its possible but its just crap because u have to pinch time here n there n i want someone i can ese every day wake up with them etc...


im not the sorta girl who wants one night stands or a quickie here and there?? why do guys assume u do coz they think you are hot?? i went on one of my dating apps on fb yday everyone of them crashed out wnet i said i was deaf.... urgh i really gi ve up im gonna be a cat lady or a brid lady sine im planning to get a budgie lol


MESSAGE TO GUYS OUT THERE IN THE DATING WORLD! PLEASE INFORM GIRLS OF HWAT U WANT BEFORE GETTING TO KNOW THEM OR GIVING THEM UR NUMBER!!!!!!!! sick of chatting to guys we got stuf in common then .... BAM they dont want a bloody  relationship they want a drunken fumble?! arghhhhhhhhh seriouisly grow up guys!

No comments: