Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


20 June 2012

buses....

if u have mitochondiral disease its so hard to get on trams trains and buses!!! i mean most of them are disability friendly,,.,
except drivers!!
Now i havent been on  bus for a looooooooooong time because my dad took me to appoitnments or we got a taxi or victoria my carer took me to gym or took me out to town so now this was the first time in ages that i had been on a bus since blackpool a few months ago!
Anyway we went to the docs for a swab coz we think i have an infection inside my PEG  area  which is making my stomach ache when i move! The nurse told us theres no way its down to the saline we didnt change n it was brown n yellowy as it can last up to 3 weeks without change! so we got the swab for the right medication!

Then we went up to the village by bus up the road n i just couldnt find the energy to get off my bloody seat on the bus!! i was at my best n energetic but i find it hard to get off low chairs etc this bus chiar wasnt low n there was a pole to help me up but i just couldnt do it! mum tried to get me up but she had a bad arm so she had trouble getting me up as it is!! with my new weight gain i was bloody heavy now lol not light like i used to be before the PEG when i was 5 stone!

The bus driver was rude n impatient to set off so we had to shout at him to stop!  so we could get me up and get off!! the journey there was ok we had a ncie driver but then on the way back we had a moody one who looked like he couldnt care less about his job n wanted to go home! lol  n he couldnt even wait 5 bloody mins to let me get up n get off!! even thought we pressed the bell n told him to stop! We got off eventually!

No comments: