Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


19 May 2012

today sucked! ...

Today has pretty much been sucky i woke up too damn early at 9am thats early for me! then i had to have a bath n get ready for a funeral of my brothers co worker at sainsburys n a dear freind used to help her at school she was only 21 no age but she was living on borrowed time coz she had heart problems since a young age.  it was a lovley send off for her but it was sad when one of her friends couldnt do her speech coz she couldnt stop crying i felt so bad for her!  :( 
i mostly went along to support my friends whose mother used to help her n we only had a brief chat before she went off
I was very tired when i got back so i just chilled out most of the evening snf i didnt even move from my seat all night i also put my feed on at 7 so i had the whole 500 calories by the end of the night!

This morning i got an email off one of the free lance jouralist saying she had no luck getting my story in  magazines so i sent her the link of the article in the local paper to see if it would be useful n this morning i got a n email saying i had been sucessful n Chat magazine want to pay me for a story!!

Wow life cant get any better! i help people with mito awarness n get some cash for mito research!

i also waiting for my ebay item to arrive which is a nail art kit n i got 6 cross stitches off a friend on fb  and we paid through paypal! im still waiting for them too she sending them on tuesday she said but theres no rush! :) cant wait to get stuck in! i also got my crafts stuff such my knitted sqaures that i can make into bags but i have to make proto types first!!antway thats all my news for now!!

No comments: