Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


12 May 2012

busy bee

i have a busy weekend ahead of myself  i have to my uncle who has cancer and attend a friends funeral which is crap then i have my nail bar i need to get enroled on a nail course first though get the quaiification then i will be able to do peoples nails n get some money for it! then i have my arts n crafts with the amount of stuff i have in the shed n under my mums bed enough to open a facotry ha!

gona sell some arts n crafts via facebook and ebay and then i will sort out all my clothes that doesnt fit me anymore and also put them on ebay or do swaps with people on fb!

Then im just gonna chill n do some cross stitch n read!

I also want to get a new cat i wish i could have a dog or a cat  but mum n dad dont want to own one lol we have some fish n i am going to see if i can afford a cockatail or a budgie which ever is better! ha id like a cockatail rather than a budgie coz they can talk and mimic etc  id love a hearing dog but oh well

i wont teach it swear words tho lmao aw hehe and= its gona be so spoilt ha ha x

No comments: