Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


28 September 2009

The date...!

I have finally got the date for the PEG procedure. FINALLY! It's on 20th October so i don't have too long to wait. We will have to arrange to stay over the day before in Newcastle in case we need to be there early.
Last appointment we had to be there for an morning appointment and with a 3hr journey ahead of us, we had to get up at 6am and feeling crap! So now we know what to expect on a time frame, we want to be nice and fresh for the procedure.
I'm not big on idea of the local anesthetic but if thats what I gotta do to have a tube free belly then I'll have to put up with that stinging pain of a needle!
I just hope time goes by fast and I can get it out the way and dont have to worry about the PEG getting in the way of anything again!

No comments: