Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


24 August 2009

Cosy day...

The weather is rain pouring down, I can hear the rain coming down from the guttering again. I'm snuggled in my duvet on the couch following my discharge from the hospital. Last night I had a heavy chest which i keep trying to cough out but it's just making it! The Abbot nurse came today for the PEG and put a HUGE dressing on it. It's still sore too but the nurse is giving me yet another cream that should help with it. How many more creams and antibiotics can i take?? and its still not getting better?! argh they SAY my PEG is on the mend but the soreness says otherwise!

I'm also going to be put on 1500 calorie feed instead of 1200 to help me get back to strength and stronger. Hopefully it will work, i'm just exhausted all the time but i guess that's the norm of me coming out of hospital on Friday.

My heavy chest has got a bit better though after a few nights sleep.

No comments: