Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


4 March 2009

There's just nooooooooo high calorie foods....!

In this day and age, most people are trying to diet and therefore theres lot of healthy foods in shops etc...
So for someone like me who needs high calorie foods to help put on weight, I can't find the things that dieticans tell me to eat with high calorie things in such as certain yogurts. My dietican told us of a yougurt thats packed with calories but they don't have them in shops anymore because so many people are trying to lose weight, that there's only low fat things!
So I stick to eating crisps, chocolate and cakes!! ( yes I know you're probably all jealous now!) but sometimes craming all the junk food makes me bloated! I do also eat healthy stuff like fruits and low fat yogurts as well as the high calorie ones!
You just cant win!

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

they have plenty of the high calorie ones along with the low fat low sugar low taste ones too... And yeah in a small minute way I am jealous because i can smell something good and gain weight... sigh... I would gladly give you some of my pounds and I have PLENTY to spare :)
Hugs
Laura

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

yes but over here in the Uk theres a rise of overweight people and most shops are doing low calorie foods rather than high calorie so its just basically eat junk food for me!
and thanks for the offer! hehe x

Charlotte said...

Couple of years ago I had to eat 6,000 calories per day (i was doing extreme yacht racing) it was impossible but found camping foods/sports foods does food with lots of calories in it, lots of special milkshakes and powdered drinks or alternatively add oil in food.

Chick von Pea said...

cheeeeeeeeese?