Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


14 March 2009

Happiness...

I stayed up watchin comic relief last night til 3am so I am very sleepy today despite getting some sleep! Comic Relief is a day that happens every year in the UK! It's a chance to be silly to raise money for charity! The school I volunteer at had a non-uniform day and we all wore red!! There was a sea of some red sprayed haired kids across the playground! hehe
I also bought a red nose and a badge! :D
I am finally content with how life is at the moment and im happy! It is mostly down to someone who keeps making me smile all the time! The internet is the most greatest thing invented to meet new people! :D
I am currently listening to music this saturday evening and I will have a good night in as usual with the parents watching good old Saturday TV including Harry Hill's TV burp! :D It never fails to crack me up! Ok maybe a lot of things make me smile! IM HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :p

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your video and I'm so glad to see your "Happy" note. Have a joyful spring, it is almost here!

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Hey there, Laura!

I'm so glad you are content with your life! Yes, the internet is definitely a way to meet new people and to stay in touch!

Enjoy!

Perhaps it's time for another ooVoo or Skype chat??
It was fun showing you around our house and seeing yours. :-)

Jennifer ♥