Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


27 October 2008

Bonfire Wishes...


It's now half term so the school I volunteer at is closed! I have no plans whatsoever ha!
Lots going on with Halloween etc although I never really celebrate it... but I do enjoy the trick and treaters we get! There's not many young kids on my road now that celebrate Halloween so we dont get many! I am however really looking forward to Bonfire Night!! The fact I love about Halloween is that Bonfire Night is the week after. If you do not know what Bonfire Night is about and what it represents here is a link to show you what this annual celebration means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

I love the fact you can huddle up to someone, keep warm in the cold and watch the fireworks displays. I will be going to an organised firework display that is arranged by the police.
The firework display they do are fantastic! Although I go with my mum to the display, I cant help but wish I had someone special to share the moment with but ah well I'm sure it wont be long before I have some one to share my thoughts and dreams with and hold his hand while we walk down the street! Ah a girl can dream can't she!!! :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will Happen for you one day. When it does you are gonna feel sooooo great, words won't describe.

Katie-Louise's blog said...

Aw, BONFIRE night are great :-D I love them and looking forward to watch a event this saturday which is Organised by Markeaton park. Who know's next you year you could share you moment with someone special.
katie