Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions which I have had since birth but I didnt find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then 15) I lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accuring ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


3 June 2009

Reconsidering...

Lately, I have been reconsidering the eyelid lift procedure because 
  • It will give me a better quality of life
  • Maybe my eyesight will be better (less double vision)
  • No more droopy eyelids
  • I won't have people asking why I look tired
  • My eyes have been sore because I'm straining them what with having to keep them open and my eyelid muscles not being strong enough to keep them open. (hence the droopiness)
I have emailed the docs about it after more information about the procedure since last time I was there, I pretty much gave the doc a blunt "no" Since then the top of my eyes are feeling strange and heavy, I would really rather not feel like this any more. Today at volunteering I could hardly focus on the board and the teacher so i barely knew what the lesson was about!  Although i did email the doc, I got an automatic email saying he was on holiday til 15th june. Typical! 

On a more happier note, I have been enjoying the sunshine in the garden soaking up the rays and the park with my boyfriend which was a lovely weekend.  It's been a while since we had some decent warm weather! I tend to make the most of it! I'm also doing my cross stitch which I'm glued to at the moment! It will be good to get it finished!
Post a Comment