Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


12 February 2009

OWWWWWWWW!

I decided to pop to town to meet my mum after she finished work and do a spot of shopping :0), which is a rarity for me because sometimes I just HATE clothes shopping! I do my best to avoid it as much as I can! So we always stock up on clothes so I don't have to go again for a while! I wore my Ugg boots because my trainers needed washing! The problem i have with any kind of shoes is I have to buy shoes that will most definitely make sure that they will stay on my feet and not keep slipping off otherwise i shuffle my feet trying to keep them on!!
I also sort of have to hold on to someone or kind of link arms with someone to focus on walking normally! ha! I was walking behind my mum then weeeeeeeeeeeee, I go flying! Triping over a crack in a pavement! Im so used to falling over sometimes I didnt even cry, I just got up and mum moaned at me about how I should pick my feet up as per usual.
I try not to let stuff like that get to me, it doesn't happen often either so theres not need to moan about it! I hope I dont have any bruises on my knees tomorrow! grr!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Ouch!, I used to do that until my oestopath gave me bollocking about wearing incorrect shoes, I was having achilles (feet) and ALC (i think) a ligament problems in my knees. So i went out and bought insoles that support my arch, Huge difference and i am walking alot better. I have very narrow heels so finding nice shoes is nightmare also i have big feet so finding femine shoes is nightmare too!! I would love a UGG boots but my oestopath says no as they are too flat for me boooooo hoooooo!!!

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

lol i always like to find shoes that have space for my feet otherwise i just fiddle with them all the time!! and complain!