Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


26 July 2012

shit shit shit

i think from title im having a shit day!! im on these new pills and they arent doing me any good!! i just feel so tired and shit allt he time! i feel even worse than i did last yr!!! urgh on a good note we got some antibioitcs for my bad PEG infectioon so hopefully that will get better soon Why does dating have to be SO hard?? i mean for normal ppl its fine but for disbaled ppl its ten time worse when no one likes us!!! Is it sSOO much that i want  a nice guy just ONE nice guy to give me a hug when i get home?? urgh sorry for my rant!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hi Laura,
Sorry to hear about your pain. I have health problems also. Had experimental brain surgery in 2008-9. They also thought I had muscle probs. I understand dating problems. I haven't had one my entire adult life. 12 years.
I'm much stronger now. Hang in there and keep fighting. You're doing a good job.
Email me. Joelystad at google com. I like talking to other people. Especially if I know they have shared experiences.

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

thanks for your ccomment if u want to email me my email is squash_munkey@live.co.uk its good to talk to people in the same situation