Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


29 July 2012

eye appointment,.,.

yesterday i went to newcastle but we couldnt find a hotel to stay over night so we all had to get up at 7 am urgh i was sooooooooo tired!! i couldnt stop yawing the whole journey up to newcastle!!

we got there about 12 oclock and then we went to eye appointment and saw the eye doc patrick  he was happy with my eye but ihave to keep taking the drops 4 times a day in my eye and he was happy with the scar from the previous opertaiton.

Then we went to see Prof Turnbull for our yearly check up  he said he might have some work on the new mito website for me yay!!

Then on the way home we stopped off at the Angal of the North sicne it was a nice day  it was verrrrrry windy up there too! all i could hear were whoooooooooshes! It aws nice to finaly see it in person than drive past it all the time.

the weather was soooooooooooo gorgeous  u thought the sky was so blue!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

congrats! your a blog award winner

http://bioniclissa.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/i-am-so-have-been-nominated-by-blogger.html