Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


14 June 2010

Strong again!,,,

I think i am now totally back to normal! WOO! I'm glad to be moving about more easily and no aches! Well apart from eyes because they have been going totally funny lately... like i have just washed my face and water hasn't gone from my eyes yet then I either blink a few times or give them a rub to focus them again. I am seriously considering the eyelid op now because I'm fed up of not being able to see at times when they go all squinty, then I have to close one eye to focus too. It's strange though because different days, its a different eye bothering me. If it's not one eye, its the other! I'm still waiting on my friend who I emailed who is having the operation done at the end of June and as soon as he gives me a note of how it's all gone, I'm just gonna go for it coz I'm sick of the docs asking and my mum saying how pretty my eyes would be if they were more open..
I've only just started eating the normal stuff I eat now after being on the feed pump every night since I came off the holiday so I'm pleased about that. Although I did have an incident where I nearly choked on a midget gem!! But I'm glad I was strong enough to cough it out!!! It sure made my eyes water!!
I'm also avoiding any football apart from the england matches! Go England! I dont see the point in watching the other matches though!! haha my brother is religiously watching it and has his wall chart! Also I'm so glad I cant hear those trumpet things everyone seems to be complaining about. My parents keep saying it sounds like a drone of bee's but I seriously cant hear it! just the crowd noise on TV.
Right back to my crafty pieces!

No comments: