Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


11 December 2010

Day after eyelid adustment...

i had trouble closing my eye at first so i was worried if i would sleep! but i acutally got the best sleep id had in ages! it also helped getting up at 5am the previous day!
i woke up to a sore eye again so i took some more paracetamol this morning. it hurts to blink wholey with all of the eyelid because the eyebrow is sore too. but paracetamol is helping! I was talking with my mum this morning and she told me that my eye surgeon had seen more of me as a brow suspension patient than any other because normally he just does one adjustment.  WIth me hes done both brow suspensions on both eyeiids and adjustments on both too. it made me think how bad must my eyes have been and how weak my eyelids must have been. it upset me a little.
 
on the right- a pic of my eye as it is at the moment.

No comments: