Welcome To My Blog...

This blog follows my journey of 2 different cochlear implants and my condition: Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions I have started this blog 15 yrs too late but ill try my best to fit it all in! I have packed a lot of medical jargon into my life since I was 8.

There has been happiness and tears but I've come through it all with my family and my friends.I'm profoundly deaf as a result of a condition called Multiple mitochondrial DNA deletions or mitochondrial disease RRM2B as my professor Sir Dough Turnbull calls it! I have had since birth but I didn't find out this til I was 19. I have had 2 cochlear implants (at the age of 8 and then i lost the 1st cochlear implant in my right ear after 7 years due to a bad, accruing ear infection (which I couldnt fight off because of my mitochondrial condition) at the age of 15 and had a 2nd one implanted in my left ear that same year which I have now.

My Story


12 December 2012

another cyst,,,

i dont know if i blogged this but i have ANOTHER cyst on my eye and its ever bigger than before. i had a previous eye appointment who said the cyst may be attacched to the stitch from the brow suspension ihad. well that was wrong coz it came back!!!
i had another appointment yesterday and im still everwondering if im gonna get rid of it coz its so ugly and right on the eyelid for all to see.
hopefully the antibiotics strink it! it seems to be pushing my eyelid down more which will tell u how big it is...
i wont dare post a pic coz its ugly enough :s urgh im just hoping it wont come to more surgery but know my history it probably will sigh but im even more worried about this cyst because its got some nerves in it so im worried it will hurt more!  im hoping it wont come to that thought but i dont see my docs til next year so i have to go through xmas with it belgh

No comments: